When you forget something..

I often remember birthdays or any other day for people who are dear to me. Is it just because I have a good memory? Have you realized how you do not forget to call someone even when you are in the thick of something really important. And then there are also those times when you forget wishing a friend on birthday even after receiving multiple reminders on your phone. I wrote a few lines around that. 

I remember this day
not because it is on my calendar
or that I have a good memory,
But just for a simple reason
that you are important to me.

What makes me remember some days and not all
What makes me remember them sometimes and not always
Is it just that it slips from my mind occasionally that I forget
I find many people giving out this reason though
But I feel there's more to it.

It is not just the brain cells that makes us remember or forget
but our feelings that are tied to a day or a person.
When I remember a day that is important to you
It is not just the wishes that go with it
but a silent message that says - I care for what matters to you.

Next time when we forget a day
Let's not say that we just forgot
Because the fact is
It was simply not a part of our priorities.


- Dippy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty or Beautiful?

Hobbies and leisure time - a catch 22 situation?

Hold your ground