My second long drive - 600 miles, 12 hours in one day

Well, here I am - exhausted somewhat but excited to pen down my 600 miles driving experience. Mind it - it was all in one day! 

This was the second time since I have been in US that I drove for so long - nonstop! Well to be precise with one hour break. So,I drove in two stretches, each five and a half hours long with one hour break in them. What say? :-) 

People write about their first experiences and here I am - blogging about my second. I did share about my first long drive on facebook though but since I am owning a blog now, thought it might be a better idea to share it through this portal. Gives me more room to write. Another reason - I am no longer on facebook! 

Talking about my driving experience, I have been driving in US for a while now. But have not drove for this long of a distance independently. I started early morning - 5:30sh, the last time when I drove, but for this time  - add two hours to it. So, it was 7:30 a.m. Not that I "got" late, but it was intentional. Anyways, the result was returning home later than expected and "desired". I prefer to reach back home by late evening (before it gets too dark). Sometime like 6:00 should be good. But it was 8:00 pm this time and I was pretty tired. Compared to the first time, I found today's drive a bit more tiresome. One of the reasons being that there was considerably more traffic on my way back home this time and it started getting dark after 5:30. I find it relatively stressful to drive after it gets dark in the evening. Leaving early morning (even before sunrise) is not a problem for me. Probably because I know it's going to get better as the day unfolds. But with evenings, its only going to grow and to add to it, after already driving for 5-6 hours one is exhausted. Result - more concentration required. And I did not have company on the way back. Except my CDs :-) But they were indeed saviors and an excellent companion :-) I created two new CDs, with relatively new songs, the day before I had to leave. 

I am glad to have finally experienced driving over  long distances. Knowing that, if needed, I can do it is nice. Getting over this inhibition of whether I will be able to drive independently for this long was important and makes me feel good.

Already had one cup of tea. Before I convince myself for a second, a better idea would be to switch off the lights and go to sleep! 

Take care and thanks for reading.

Dippy








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty or Beautiful?

Hobbies and leisure time - a catch 22 situation?

Hold your ground